Who we are
As Australia’s #1 registered Club group, Mounties Group employs over 650 people throughout nine venues spanning across South-West Sydney, Northern Beaches and the Central Coast. We are more than just a Club, we are a people first, profit-for-purpose group that exists with the sole purpose of improving the lives of our members and the communities in which our venues operate.
We have over 160,000 members and are listed as one of Australia’s top privately owned companies. With strong values and a commitment to our staff, we are a recognised employer of choice.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced People & Culture Advisor who is passionate about attracting, retaining, developing and engaging our amazing people for today and for our growing future. You will be joining a collaborative and supportive team that prides themselves on the commitment to our people, being our priority.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, People & Culture and working closely with key stakeholders across our lovely Northern Beaches & Central Coast venues, you will be the first point of contact for providing guidance, advice and support throughout the employment life cycle on all people related matters supporting and creating an outstanding employee experience.
Your key purpose will see you partnering closely with your stakeholders, helping to manage the performance of the business and execution of the business strategy through the people plan and associated initiatives.
More specifically, duties will include:
- Partner with business leaders to guide, develop and implement programmes and activities aimed at improving employee engagement.
- Ensure that people policies are reflective of our employee brand and values.
- Promote and enforce consistency in HR policy implementation within the business.
- Provides direction and support to employees relating to matters that impact the employee in the workplace throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
- Assist the Executive Manager, People & Culture, to ensure HR strategies are aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Develop and implement change initiatives to support business projects.
- Provide coaching and advice on HR and IR issues including performance management, investigations and disciplinary matters to business leaders.
- Provide timely and accurate HR advice and guidance, including policy and Award/Agreement interpretation as required.
- Supporting and coaching leaders to become proficient in managing people, including how to lead teams, identify employee needs, hold performance discussions, award/agreement and policy interpretation and workforce planning/strategy.
- Use HR analytics, business performance and benchmark data to inform business units on their workforce makeup, trends and KPIs, providing insight into workforce changes and devise strategies or solutions to address operational challenges.
- Explores new ideas, approaches and insight to continually challenge status quo to create ongoing efficiency and optimisation.
- Actively support the implementation of new and annual initiatives, as well as oversee and contribute to People and Culture projects as identified.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, time management with strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer literacy skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- High level of professionalism with sensitivity to confidential issues
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility to work across multiple sites as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Willingness to comply with Covid-19 Government Public Health Order
- Supportive and inclusive team & culture
- Onsite Parking
- Uniforms provided
- Discounted gym membership
- Ability to work from home
If you feel a passion to connect with community, want to make a difference and be part of a leader in the industry - then we’d love to connect with you!
As part of the Mounties Group recruitment process candidates will be required to obtain a medical report from their usual General Practitioner confirming the candidate’s fitness to perform the inherent requirements of the advertised role